Scotmoto Ltd GDPR Policy
We're sure you’ve heard that there's some changes happening to data protection law under the new regulations (GDPR) we just want to reassure you that your personal information is safe with us. We never use your personal information for marketing and we only hold it as part of our business accounting records. Your personal data is not shown on our website beyond any consented information such as your name and perhaps a photo. You can always request at any time, for the removal of any details we may display.
Scotmoto Ltd (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information do we collect?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by entering into business with us. This will include filling in forms on our site (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It may include information you provide when you enter into any business relationship including enquiries, orders or as a supplier or service provider, when you send us a message via our online contact form and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
2. Information we collect about you. Only information with respect to conducting business with us. This information is used to manage commissions, or enter into business agreements and contracts. It is stored and never shown to a 3rd party. It may be viewed by business auditors or other parties relating to accountancy activities. We do not collect any information for any of your visits to our site.
How do we use this information?
We do not use your information other than to ensure the accurate administration of our accounts and business records which ensures compliance with other regulatory requirements such as money laundering and the like. This information is not routinely shared outwith Scotmoto Ltd, however,
1. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. For internal administrative and regulatory purposes.
3. To notify you about changes to our services directly with you.
For what purposes will we be processing your information?
Predominantly we will be using your details to manage business you have engaged with us to provide. ie performance of our contract. We also need to hold and process your personal information to comply with the law (legal obligation).
Sometimes we may use your personal information for a legitimate business interest, eg internal statistical reviews to assist us in evaluating our range of services. Legally speaking we may also process your personal information due to vital interests (ie the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life), or, public task (ie. processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest) but we don’t anticipate using your personal data in this way. Otherwise we will obtain your consent to use your personal information.
Do we share your information?
We never share your information where it is unconsented. Sharing is defined as a reference to work done only, and on each and every occasion we will proactively request permission. Your details would be presented in name and/or image only with no personal details beyond this. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
1. Third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil our engaged commitments, for example, any specialist and outsourced expertise.
We will never disclose your personal information to other third parties unless ;
1. As part of a regulatory audit or other related activity where compliance is a legally binding requirement.
2. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Scotmoto Ltd, or others.
Where do we store your personal information?
Our site does not allow access, and therefore any risk relating to the accessing of your information has been removed. Transmission of information via our website is not possible, and as such, removes risks in this regard.
Access or changes to your personal information.
The personal information that we hold for you cannot be viewed, accessed, or amended via the website. Should we misrepresent you in any way on our website, please contact us at where we will carry out any changes you may desire to that information, including its removal.
This is in compliance with The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), where you can make a formal request to ourselves to access your personal information, amend any inaccuracies, and delete (to the extent possible by law) your information.
Please contact us via
e. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.